Wednesday, April 6, 2016

One month down!

Bom dia everyone! 

So today I´ve officially been in the field for a month! That is so crazy to me! It feels like I was leaving just the other day! But when I look back on everything that´s happened, it also feels like an eternity haha. Time in the CTM is weird.
I had a really good week though! On Friday my district had the opportunity to go proselyting!! Each companionship was given 10 Book of Mormons and then we took a bus to the center of São Paulo to pass out the Book of Mormons! I was SO scared at first because I am far from fluent in Portuguese haha. But on the bus I decided to sit down next to a guy who was sitting alone and I actually had a conversation with him!! In Portuguese! He was so nice. I explained to him what the Book of Mormon is and how important it has been in my life and he was super happy and willing to accept one of them. So that gave me a lot of confidence. Most of the people we talked to were super willing to listen to our little message about the Book of Mormon and then accept one. I loved being able to ask people if they believed in Jesus Christ and then telling them that I also believe in Him and love Him. I just felt so good as I bore my testimony about how the Book of Mormon truly is another testament of Jesus Christ and how much it would bless their lives if they read it. We talked to an older lady and she was super excited and said she wanted the missionaries to go and visit her and teach her! So that was super cool! A super crazy thing happened though-- Sister Berg got proposed to! Hahaha. I guess her and Sister Thacker were talking to an older man and he just kept saying that they should get married and then he wouldn´t leave them alone. So it was a little scary, but also really funny haha. Our instructor Irmão Santos was with us, so he went and helped them out. 
Another highlight of this week was General Conference!! It was so nice to listen to the messages of the Prophet and apostles. And it was especially nice to listen to something in English! Haha. Before conference I wrote down questions I had and wanted answered, and during conference, every single question was answered no matter how specific the question was. I know that Thomas S. Monson and all of the apostles truly are called of God. I know that God is aware of each of us and loves each of us so much and is so willing to answer our questions! 
I love being a missionary! 
I hope everyone has a good week! 


-Sister Anderson