Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Oi oi oi! Week 3

Hi everyone!!
It has definitely been quite the week! So first off, one of the elders in our district had to go home. He was having a really hard time this last week, and he ended up not eating or sleeping for 3 days which was super crazy. On Friday he ended up passing out and had to be taken to the hospital. And then I guess when he woke up he had lost a couple months of memory! It was super crazy!!
So he couldn´t remember any of us, anything about the CTM, or any of his Portuguese. He came back for a couple days, but it was just too hard and stressful and so they ended up deciding he needed to go home. So that has definitely been a struggle. He was a super fun and happy part of our district and so it´s been hard to have that missing. But I know that God has a plan for him and that it´ll all work out and be okay. And Sister Snyder made us brownies to lift our spirits! Her and Elder Snyder are a senior missionary couple here from the states and it was GLORIOUS to eat some food from back home. Don´t get me wrong, I love Brazilian food-- but food from home is a special treat.
So for Easter they broadcasted a devotional from the Provo MTC because Elder Ballard from the quorum of the 12 apostles spoke. And guess who I saw on the broadcast.... Sister Southam!! I got to see her singing and at one point they also showed her writing notes haha. It was so good to see my dear friend. 
Things at the CTM are still great! Friday they´re taking us to go proselyting and hand out Book of Mormons to people. I don´t feel ready for that because I still can´t speak Portuguese haha. But I know the Lord will bless us and help us. 
This week I´ve really have my testimony strengthened on the power of faith. I´ve always thought that faith is something that we just do personally, but I´ve learned that it is a gift from God. We have to constantly be seeking for and asking for faith. And as we act on that faith, I testify that miracles happen. With faith, there´s no need for fear because we can know that things will always work out as long as we´re trusting in God. If anyone has time, read Moroni 7 in the Book of Mormon. It is such a good chapter on faith and strengthening our testimonies-- it gave me a lot of strength throughout the week. 
I hope everyone had a good week and a good Easter! Thanks for all the love!
Sister Anderson


Katelyn's CTM district at the Sao Paulo Brazil Temple with their instructor, Irmao Santos, in the middle