Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 2 in Arcoverde!

Is it really Monday already?? This week really flew by haha. Arcoverde is fantastic! Sister Costa and I are getting to know the área and the people more and more everyday. A couple of things that are unique about the interior of Brazil: The taxis here are motorcycles. And so it´s just you on the back of the motorcycle with the driver haha. A little weird.  Another mode of transport here is with horses or donkeys that pull carriage type things! There´s also quite a few people who wear cowboy boots and hats, and so like I said last week, I´m really feeling at home haha.
We had two baptisms this week!!! Dejanira and Gisely! I don´t know if there´s anything better than seeing your investigators bet baptized and confirmed :) Baptism is such a special and important covenant. You can always see the difference in the person afterwards. Dejanira and Gisely were both so happy. There´s really a new light that comes into their lives. 
Another highight of my week was that on Sunday, we had Ward conference! Members of the stake came to give talks and it was super good and spiritual. Generally the Ward has an attendance of 90-100 people, but this Sunday it was more than 130! There were a ton of people who hadn´t gone to church for a super long time and also a lot of people who aren´t members. Definitely a missionaries dream haha. The members of the Ward kept saying how it was a Sunday of miracles :) We had a Ward choir too, and so I was able to play the piano with the choir. There´s no one else in the Ward that can play the piano, and so I´m really grateful that I´ve developed this talent and can use it to bless the Ward.
Sister Costa helped me to realize something really important this week. All of my mission, I´ve focussed a lot on what I´m doing wrong and what I need to do better. It´s definitely important to improve, but I think I was getting really discouraged because everyday I was only thinking about what I did wrong. But Sister Costa said that instead, I should think about the things I did that day that made Heavenly Father happy. I´ve been doing that the last couple days, and it´s definitely helped me to be a lot happier and have the Spirit with me more. I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much and He wants us to be happy and focus on the things that we are doing right. He doesn´t want us to always dwell on the negative things. I know that by having an attitude of "what did I do today that made God happy?" can really bring more happiness into our lives.
I hope everyone is well back home!! If anyone is wondering what they can do more to help the missionaries, there´s a talk in the June Liahona By Elder Bednar about helping the missionaries. It´s super good!
Ate mais!
Sister Anderson


Pictures from the last day in Pina


Minha casa!! A lot bigger and nicer than my last one!!
We got new mattresses!! Super comfy!

My new bag!! It straps around the front and so the weight isn't on my shoulder! It's a lot more comfortable!

Almost all of the houses here in Brazil have this outside area with a sink to wash clothes and hang them up to dry.  
Baptism of Dejanira and Gisely

The kids are cousins of Gisely :) SOOOO cute. They are always there for the lessons and Yasmin (the girl) always draws pictures for me

Ward Conference



Arcoverde!