Friday, August 26, 2016

Week 7 in Arcoverde!

Olá!

I hope everyone´s had a good week! This week was good. Nothing too exciting, but it´s definitely still wonderful to be here in Brazil doing the work of the Lord :) 

Our investigators are doing well! We have a new investigator that I am really liking. Her name is Fatima and she´s super smart and interested in what we´re teaching her. We gave her the Book of Mormon the other day and in less than a week, she´s already halfway done! The sad thing is that she´s going to move to São Paulo in less than a month. But Sister Costa and I decided that when Sister Costa goes back to São Paulo in a couple months, she can keep teaching Fatima :) 

We haven´t been able to teach Samuel and Fernanda this week because their 3 year old girl, Sabrina, is in the hospital right now with pneumonia. But Sunday we were able to go to the hospital and visit them, and it was a super cool experience. There were other people in the room with sick children and so we were able to say a prayer with them too and share a scripture. But goodness, I am very  grateful for the hospitals we have in the United States haha. The public hospital here in Arcoverde was a little scary. 

Every week in our district meeting, someone gives a training for the district from Preach my Gospel. It was my turn to do it this week, and I was super nervous! Especially to speak in Portuguese, in front of Brazilians for 20 minutes haha. But, it actually went super well and I could really see how God helped me with my Portuguese. I was able to learn, and have been learning all of my mission, that it doesn´t really matter what the thing is that you have to do, or if you think you can do it-- If God asks it of you and wants you to do it, there is no way for you to fail. 

We were able to end the week really good with the confirmation of Joseane in sacrament meeting! It´s one of my favorite things as a missionary to see my investigators receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and be confirmed into the Church of Jesus Christ. I can always feel the Spirit so strongly. I am so very grateful for my mission, for all the things I´m learning, and how my testimony is growing. I know, without doubt, that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. It´s not a Church created by man, but literally the Church of Jesus Christ re-established on the Earth. And there is nothing better than sharing that truth with others :) 

Love you all!!
Sister Anderson 



Photos with Goats