Monday, January 23, 2017

The Last Week of the Transfer!

Óla meus amigos! 

Well, this is the last week of the transfer! And seeing as I´ve been here in Arcoverde for almost 7 months, I think that quite possibly, I could be in a different area next Monday! 

This week was great though! Matheus was baptized! Woohoo! He´s a very special young man and I really enjoyed teaching him! On monday, we taught him at a members house and afterwards the father of the family told us that Matheus "is a blessing" and "has the semblance of an angel" haha. Super sweet but also pretty funny :D

The spirit was very strong at his baptism on Saturday! At the end of the baptismal meeting, he got up to bare his testimony for everyone! He talked about the special feeling he had the first time he entered the church and how he´s been able to receive a testimony that this really is the true church and the right place for him. Afterwards, we sang the hymn "Testimony" and goodness, the spirit was so strong! The words really really touched my heart-- 

"The witness of the Holy Ghost, as borne by those who know, has lifted me again to thee, O Father of my soul!I know that thou art in the heav´n, I know the Savior reigns. I know a prophet speaks to us, for our eternal gain. My eyes are wet my heart is full, the Spirit speaks today. O Lord wilt thou my life renew and in my boosm stay. As testimony fills my heart, it dulls the pain of days. For one brief moment, heaven´s view appears before my gaze."

A difference that the hymn has in Portuguese is that at the beginning it says, "Um testemunho é dom de Deus", which means, "a testimony is a gift from God". As we sang those words the Spirit really testified to me of how precious a testimony is. This confirmation of the truths of God that we receive from the Holy Ghost truly is a gift from God. It´s a gift of knowledge that we will always have, to always keep us on the right path. I´m so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary and teach people who are willing to search for, receive, and follow this testimony of Christ and His Church! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 
Sister Anderson 


Matheus!
 

The other girl in the picture is a cute member in our ward that introduced us to Matheus! 
 Photo of the ward that we took after the baptism! 

 TAMIRES!!!!!

 I know that my face is ridiculous, but I liked my hair hahah
  
Garanhuns Zone