Monday, May 15, 2017

A Taste of Home :)

Óla everyone! I hope everyone had a good week and a wonderful Mothers´ Day! 

Like the title says, this week was full of little pieces of home! 

Della is doing so well! On Tuesday she went to the BYU Young Ambassadors performance with President and Sister Bigleow and took 6 other Chinese friends-- they loved it! We were also finally able to teach her a lesson and I got to teach it in English! It was really cool to be able to teach and testify in my native language! I could feel the Spirit very strongly :) And then this Sunday at church, President and Sister Bigelow offered to give her a separate class in English and help her to understand more about God. It was SUCH a special experience. Everything that we teach her is so new to her. It´s so amazing to see someone learning God´s truths for the first time! I think one of my favorite moments was when President Bigelow told her that she´s a daughter of God. In that moment the Spirit testified so strongly to all of us that it´s true, and I can´t even describe the look of happiness and surprise that Della had on her face! Knowing that we´re all beloved children of God is such a special truth!! 

Wednesday night the BYU Young Ambassadors did a special devotional that we were able to take our friend, Camilla to :) The devotional was them singing and sharing their testimonies with the chapel full of people! There were people translating their testimonies, but they memorized and sang the songs in Portuguese! It was beautiful!! I love how we can feel the Spirit testify to our hearts through music! 

And to top off the week I got to talk to my wonderful family on Sunday

I´m so grateful for the immense amount of blessings that Heavenly Father has put into my life! I´m so grateful to have such wonderful family and friends! I love you all and hope that everyone has a wonderful week! 

Love,
Sister Anderson