Monday, May 29, 2017

My Companion is My Sister!

Hello everyone! 
A new transfer has begun!
Sister Guimarães will be home with her family tomorrow and I am now with my new companion, Sister Taylor! To explain the title, we had the same "mom" (trainer), Sister Lopez, thus making us sisters! She´s from Ogden and adorable. And so here we go, two white Americans walkin´ the roads of Brazil. It´s gonna be fun ;D haha
This week was really great! I just love Brazil and love being a missionary!
I think the best thing that happened this week was that Silvania finally decided to be baptized!! It´s been a while that we´ve been teaching this wonderful woman. I´ve been amazed by her love for the Book of Mormon and desire to follow God. However, along the way there´s been some difficulties with her family and keeping some of the commandments. We taught her allll week and then she went to church on Sunday and loved it! When we went to visit her Sunday night, she said that at church she was able to feel certain that the church is true! She´s had some difficulties with drinking coffee and said that all day her family was trying to get her to drink coffee, but that she was strong, drank a couple cups of limade, and was able to refuse the coffee everytime! When we asked her about baptism, she smiled and said that we could mark a date. Silvania´s baptism will be this Saturday!
I know that Christ lives and loves us! This week I have been studying in 3 Nephi when the Savior visited the people in America and established His church there-- what amazing scriptures!! It´s been so special to put myself in the story and read as if I was there as He ministered to the people-- I know that Christ´s love for us is perfect and that He is willing to do ANYTHING to help us have happiness and return to live with Him and Heavenly Father one day!
Love you all! 
Sister Anderson


For Sister Guimarães´ last pday, we went to pizza hut! It´s a lot more fancy in Brazil!


Our last district meeting together :D