Monday, December 26, 2016

"Post-illumination Affliction"

Everyone remember President Holland´s talk from the General Conference in April where he talked about "post-illumination affliction"? Well... that´s a little bit of what I´m feeling after such a wonderful week! So many great and exciting things and the, BAM, it ends haha. But it´s all good because like the title of President Holland´s talk says, "tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you." Good things come to an end, but we have to remember that the Lord is preparing even greater things for us! 

The Christmas Conference we had in Recife was just absolutely wonderful! It was so cool to have all of the missionaries in the mission together, singing Christmas hymns, and learning more about Christ and His Atonement from President and Sister Bigelow. It was a joy that I honestly can´t describe! After the conference, my zone was able to go to the temple and that really just topped off the night! I´m so grateful for the temple and the peace we are able to feel inside! 

When we got home Friday night, we went to visit Tamires, to find out about some things that happened that kept her from being baptized on Saturday. Pretty sad. BUT, she´s still doing really well and I know that the day will come for her-- it´s all in the time of the Lord. 

So here in Brazil they celebrate more on Christmas Eve then on Christmas! Sister L. Silva and I and the two other sisters that we live with had a little Christmas "festa". We bought 1 kilo of mini coxinhas (a food they LOVE here-- it´s in the shape of a tear drop, deepfried, and has chicken inside), made mango juice, and ate panetone (a type of cake), sang Christmas songs, and opened our presents :) 

Aaaaand to top off my week I talked to my family!! Definitely was the best part :) 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a wonderful New Year! I´m so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and for our Savior Jesus Christ. I hope that this new year, we can all make resolutions to be even more dedicated disciples of Jesus Christ in following Him and becoming more like Him! 

Love you all!! 
Sister Anderson