Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Suprise, it´s Tuesday!

Hi everyone!! 

So yes, I am emailing on Tuesday this week! Yesterday we had to go to Garanhuns to have interviews with President Bigelow, and so our p-day got switched to today! Sorry to anyone who may have been waiting to receive my email yesterday! 

This week was really good though! Nothing crazy happened, but things are going well here in good ol´ Arcoverde (except for the HEAT-- I think I´m drinking 20 gallons of water every day haha). 

Sister L. Silva and I focussed a lot this week on finding new people to teach! President Bigelow gave us a goal to find 10 new investigators this last week and mark 4 of them for baptism. We were praying for a lot of help and even did a fast last monday. Monday night, after p-day, we went out to work and seriously ALL of our appointments fell through. We had NOTHING to do. BUT, we knew that God would bless us if we made an effort to find new people even though it was late at night. I had a feeling to go to a road where one of the members live just to see if there would be people to talk to. So as we were walking past the house of the member that lives on the road, we saw her sitting outside with her 26 year old niece, Aline, and she waved us over to talk to her. She told us about a member that wanted us to call him, because he had a family for us to teach! And then we started to talk to Aline, who isn´t a member, and she agreed for us to sit down and share a message with her. And so she turned into a new investigator and we were able to mark her for baptism at the end!! God truly prepares the way for us when we exercise just a little bit of faith! I´m super grateful for the little miracles that we see everyday :) 

Other than that, this week was pretty chill. Viviani and Alexandre are doing well! Viviani told us that the other day, she was praying to know if the Book of Mormon and church are true, and she said that as she was praying, she felt something really strongly in her heart that made her cry happy tears. I´m SO grateful for a Heavenly Father that listens to and answers prayers through something as simple as just a feeling :) Right now we´re just waiting for them to receive a date to get married, and then... baptism!! I´m super excited for them and for all of the good choices they´re making :) 

Well. I hope everyone is participating in the "25 ways to ´light the world´ this Christmas"!! The ideas are wonderful! I know that as we really serve and love the way that the Savior did, we are going to have His light, and as we have His light, we can literally "light the world"! Christmas here in Brazil has been really cute so far. Lots of blinking Christmas lights and stuffed Santa Clauses! There´s also a special cake, "panetone", that they have here during the Christmas season... I have yet to try it, but from the looks of it, it´s fruit cake. I´ll be sure to try it out soon and let you all know haha. 

Amo vocês!! 
Sister Anderson


I realized that I´ve never sent a picture of food before! This is the usual meal here. It´s good stuff :D


haha

This Sunday we had an activity with the relief society to go and search for people
who are members, but have left the church! Had to use my awesome selfie taking skills haha.

The graffiti here is cool. And I thought this photo was funny. Haha