Monday, March 13, 2017

One Year Down

Ólaaa! 
Well guys, I have officially been in Brazil for a year! I truly feel such an immense amount of love for this place and I´m so happy to be a missionary! 

Wow, this week was really good! Sister Guimarães and I really focussed on having faith to find the people that God is preparing for us and it´s amazing the amount of people we found and just how much God blessed our area! 

I think one of the hardest things on the mission has been learning how to talk to EVERYONE. It´s pretty scary sometimes to know how to start or what to say! But I´m so grateful for everytime I find the courage to do it! This monday, we were on a bus, returning to our area and I started talking to the woman next to me, and turns out she lives in an apartment right next to the temple and has always been curious to know more! She happily passed her address, and so I´m excited to start teaching her and her family! 

We had interviews with President Bigelow this week! And so that´s always wonderful! We also had lunch once again with the member of the 70...that´s a little less wonderful and a little more nerve wracking haha. Especially because it was during a companion exchange and I had to give the message after lunch to him and his wife! Ahhhh.... BUT. I´m alive. It´s all good. Haha

Sunday we had a miracle! A man named George, who was taught by elders years ago, woke up and had a strong desire to go to church, and so he went to church and that´s how we were able to meet him! We went and taught him after church and it was super cool! He says that he still prays for "President Thomas" and that he doesn´t have the Book of Mormon anymore because he gave it to someone who was passing through hard times! The lesson was really special :) It only got a little weird afterwards when he whipped out his guitar and starting singing a song that sounded like ancient monk music hahaha. But I´m super excited to start teaching him as well!! 

Well my friends, that´s about it. I hope that everyone has a wonderful week! 

Love you all! 
Sister Anderson 


Conselho