Monday, February 20, 2017

TRANSFERED 3 TIMES

Okay, I´m just kidding, I wasn´t transfered... But I sure do feel like I was! 

This week we did 3 divisões (I think it´s 'splits' in English haha) with the sisters that we take care of. For anyone who doesn´t know, that´s where I´m stay with a sister and Sister Guimarães stays with her companion and we work with them for a day, and help them out with anything they´re needing. Because I don´t know my area super well yet, I always went to the area of the other sister to work with her, and so I think I was out of my area this week more than I was in it! It was really cool though to spend time with other sisters and learn from them! 

Wednesday and Thursday I was in a place called Goiana, that has 4 sisters working there. It´s about 2 hours from Recife, super hot, and FULL of people from a religion called "a Assembleia de Deus"... they don´t really like our church and so there´s a lot of glaring and horn honking as you walk the streets... The sisters there are troopers haha. But putting that aside, there´s a lot of good people there as well, and I had a lot of cool experiences! :) 

YASMIN WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!! It was so wonderful! I love that family so much! It was super cool to have her dad baptize her as well. He´s a really strong, big guy, but afterwards he got up to bare his testimony and started to cry, and so that was really special. After the baptism, there was a ward activity to welcome all of the new families in the ward and so that was really fun :) 

One of our recent converts, Lucas, took a friend to church-- a woman named Rafaella. She loved church and we were able to teach her later on Sunday and mark her for baptism! I´m so grateful for the miracles that God puts into our lives! 

Well, things here in Brazil are getting a little "vida louca" with Carnaval coming up this weekend haha. Carnaval pretty much consists of things called "blocos"-- A car with speakers the size of a semi truck driving down the rode blasting music, and a huge group of people behind dancing and drinking beer haha. Sister Guimarães and I are REALLY trying to avoid them. And so what do we do? Ask people on the street where all the blocos are happening. Just imagine, two missionaries walking around asking where´s the nearest festa de Carnaval-- it´s pretty funny haha. Buuuut, no worries, we´ll be super safe. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Don´t forget to pray and ask to have missionary experiences! There´s truly few things that bring a greater joy! 

Love you all! 
Sister Anderson

p.s. Once again I want to send pictures, but once again I am in the horrible virusy lan house :(