Monday, July 3, 2017

PRESIDENT HOUSEMAN

Is it really already July?? It´s insane how the time passes!
This week has been really exciting! Especially with the arrival of President and Sister Houseman! We were able to meet them this Sunday, and man they´re such a cool family! It´s a huge blessing to be a part of their ward :) And turns out that they have a connection with Roosevelt! Sister Houseman´s family is from Altamont and she has a couple siblings that live in Roosevelt! When she saw me the first thing that she said was, "there´s our Roosevelt sister!" haha.
I was also able to do a super cool division this week in a city called Olinda! If you look up pics on google, you´ll see that it´s a super pretty and colorful place! It´s right by the ocean and there´s a huge light house that we worked next to all day, so that was cool :D It was quite the adventure though as Olinda has been suffering flooding and there was a lot of water-- we also met a woman whose mom had 28 children hahaha. Just had to throw that in, because that´s A LOT of children!
On Sunday some wonderful members named Fabio and Rebekah invited Gabriela to eat lunch with us! It was wonderful! There´s such a special spirit and peace in their house and I know Gabriela could feel it! She´s progressing wonderfully!
This week I´ve been thinking a lot about our love for God and how it should be above all things. Something in common that I was able to see in President and Sister Bigelow and that I saw in President and Sister Houseman is their immense love for God and desire to serve Him! They would do anything or sacrifice anything to be able to serve God and do what He asks of them! Just as they´ve left their homes to live in another country and serve Him for three years! I´ve felt that love grow inside of me as well during my mission and I know that as we always put God first we will find true joy in this life!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TOMORROW!!!! 
Sister Anderson